Thursday 2 October 2014

Day 66 - Eggs

 There are many ways that the single person feels discriminated against. I’ve written elsewhere about restaurant seating policies, the no wifi campaign and the policy of hotel surcharges for single people is well documented. But today I discovered a new way that single people are left to feel that they are not functioning members of society - namely eggs.
Since my doctor started nagging me about my cholesterol I have tried to cut down on my egg intake. I was never a big egg eater but now and again I’d buy a box of 6 and work my way through them over the course of a week / 10 days.

But it seems that coinciding with my need to cut down on cholesterol has been Tesco’s policy to rebox eggs in boxes of 10 or 24. Now this might be brilliant if you are a family of 7, or audition for the Great British cry, sorry Bake off. But for little old me 10 eggs would be far too many even in worry-free, cholesterol guzzling days. So a box of 10 caused a dilemma. I was standing in the supermarket thinking I really fancy a fried egg but can I justify buying 10. It’s not the cost that worries me, but the waste if i don’t eat them all or my waist if I do. So I came up with a plan, maybe I could just sleep the two eggs I craved into my suit jacket pocket, who’s gonna worry about 2 missing eggs.
(Dear Stephen, no I am not a hypocrite, I did not steal the eggs and then boast about it to get blog hits. I bought 10 in the end.)

1 comment:

  1. I think that the egg producers also discriminate people who have the phobia of even numbers :-)

    ReplyDelete