Tuesday 7 October 2014

Day 71 - Welcome to the SuperCity Pendolino

Dear Fellow Passenger,
Welcome aboard the SuperCity Pendolino between Prague and Ostrava. I hope you have a pleasant journey with us as indeed I hope I do too.
What would make my journey pleasant is if I am left in peace to do some work, some cyberslacking and maybe have some sleep. In fact I am sure that most people in this carriage would agree.
Therefore, I am writing to you to ask you to please cease and desist with your loud, supercilious conversations on your mobile phone. Now I know I haven’t chosen the quiet carriage so I have no right to insist on you shutting the bleep up, but maybe when your voice drowns out the train announcements it is a sign you are talking a little too loudly.
I don’t want to talk for others, but I am sure they would agree that we don’t need to know that you are not happy with the invoice you received and that you are not going to pay it until it is rewritten. We don’t want to know that you intend to tell all your friends and colleagues not to use the services of the poor person you are berating.  
I really don’t mind you talking on your phone, after all there are others speaking on theirs but somehow their voices are not reverberating around the carriage like a hum of a giant mosquito playing the kazoo.
If you don’t mind a little bit of feedback as well, then let me inform you that you are coming across as a little arrogant and paranoid to me, so god knows what the person you are speaking to you thinks of you.
So thank you in advance for taking the time to consider others for once in your self-centred little life and turning the volume down on your voice.

Enjoy the rest of your journey.
Gareth

1 comment:

  1. Isn't his name Douglas? I think the person he is taking to might love his humming voice. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete