Friday 17 October 2014

Day 81 Extreme

I am an idiot, a complete idiot. Only I can choose one of the most annoying songs in the world to use in my story. More than Words by Extreme is a throwback to that hair conditioned rock of the early Nighties. Extreme, Mr Big and similar bands were more worried about their split ends than the quality of their music. They looked like what Motorhead would look like if they went to a dog’s hairdresser. Their poodle perms and perfect pouts graced Top of the Pops and turned a whole generation of rockers vain.
Someone commented on the blog that I have given them an earworm. Well imagine how I feel. I had to listen to the song to quote the words and every time I advertise today’s story or publish a comment the song is back on loop in my head. My earworm has moved in and started rearranging the furniture. And now of course because I’ve written this the loop is back, bigger and better than ever. 
(By the way if you want an alternative earworm try this.  


                                                                                                                              )

7 comments:

  1. and you mentioned another one-hit wonder here: http://onehundreddaysofgrumpiness.blogspot.com/2014/08/day25-wet-rooms.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Johnny Hates Jazz had other hits but certainly this was the biggest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you mean the soft cell version they had other great hits including this classic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePnXYklBBh8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. with the great line - well I'll find someone
      that's not going cheap in the sales

      Delete
    2. where I live we didn't know other songs at all.... so for me it was a genuinely one hit wonder... and could you explain what this line means??

      Delete
  4. Take your hands of me, I don't belong to you, you see...
    Take a look at my face for the last time.. I never knew you, you never knew me...
    Say hello, wave goodbye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just playing on the radio. I suddenly remembered there was a story and there was a grumpy about it:-) plus a worm in my ear then and probably the whole day today!

    ReplyDelete