Tuesday 21 October 2014

Day 85 - Rail Replacement Bus Service


I think it has been about 8 years since I have been coming to Ceske Budejovice. I probably come about 4 or 5 times a year so lets say I’ve come about 32 times in that 8 years. If I had a crown for every time I’ve had to get off the train at some country station, climb on a bus and then off again at the next station and back on a train, then the coffee I am drinking now would be paid for and I might even have a crown to give to the beggar outside. 
People in Britain often complain about the rail replacement service, in fact if comedians want an easy laugh and they’ve used their ‘unexpected item in the bagging area’ line, then they go for the rail ‘replacement bus service’ line. Now I guess I am lucky, trains in this country trains often run slower than they should because of engineering works but the ones I get are rarely replaced by buses, so I shouldn’t grumble. But just because I shouldn’t doesn’t mean I won’t. 
8 years. This is a distance of about 150 kilometres. I reckon they could have replaced and electrified the whole track 3 times over in this time. But still they are working; still they are replacing the rail service with a bus. What is going on? Someone is getting very rich out of this no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment