Thursday 23 October 2014

Day 87 Bono’s deception.

Have you ever wondered how Bono from U2 is still alive?
Now I don’t mean that I think thousands of people want to kill him due to his terrible offences against music, or his pompous posturing, or his general arrogance. But come to think of it you do wonder how he has survived the assassin’s bullet for this long. (I don’t want to put ideas into your head, but if you have a gun and the inclination I am sure there are many, many people who would thank you. Maybe you could crowdsource it.)

Anyway I’ve digressed. Today I heard U2’s 1987 hit With or Without you on the radio. Now in this song Bono declares that he is unable to exist either with or without an unnamed person. I can’t live, with or without you he croons with enough self-importance to sink a battleship. (No I have no idea where that analogy came from either.) Now surely there is no third option. He is either with the person which makes his life untenable or without the person which makes his life untenable, so the logical conclusion is that he should be dead. However, despite this logic Bono seems to be very much alive and kicking, much to my chagrin.

Enjoyed this? Check out my novels and short stories 

2 comments:

  1. This can make you happy: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30654731

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the guitar I worry about it's the lyrics :-) let's hope he can't write anymore either.

      Delete